Christianity Across the West Metro

March 14, 2018

Christianity Across the West Metro

Eagle Brook Church service in full swing in the Wayzata High School auditorium.

Courtesy og Mike Emmert

Courtesy og Mike Emmert

Courtesy og Mike Emmert

Woodbury’s Eagle Brook Church is quickly becoming the largest Church in Minnesota, according to the Pew Research Center.
  Eagle Brook Church has expanded to seven other campuses across the Twin Cities Metro in efforts to attract people from all over the metro, according to Eagle Brook Senior Pastor Bob.
  The campuses include Blaine, Lino Lakes, Woodbury, Spring Lake Park, White Bear Lake, and its newest location at Wayzata High School.
  “Our goal is to make sure an Eagle Brook campus is always within at least 20 minutes of people,” said Merritt.
  According to Merritt, more than 22,000 people attend Eagle Brook church services every weekend, and almost 48,000 people are in attendance during Christmas.
  According to Wayzata Campus Pastor Mike Emmert, Wayzata High School is the third of three “mobile” Eagle Brook campuses, meaning the Church leases spaces like Wayzata High School’s auditorium for a limited time, in hopes of expanding to a permanent location.
  “There will always be questions as our church moves into a secular school like Wayzata,” said Emmert. “The staff at Wayzata has been incredibly accommodating as we transitioned into their space, some have even started to attend our services.”
  “We’ve had an incredible response from the community,” said Emmert. “An average of 1,100 families attend each weekend.”
  “Wayzata has space that accommodates everyone, the classrooms provide excellent areas for our youth programs and the auditorium is a great for our worship.” said Emmert.
  As Eagle Brook continues to spread throughout the Twin Cities metro, their cutting edge and relevant style of worship makes Eagle Brook a “safe space for people to begin to explore God in their life,” according to Emmert.
  “Our goal is to be relevant to the culture around us, Wayzata’s up-to-date facility and spacious auditorium help us achieve that,” said Emmert.
  History shows that Eagle Brook will be able to move into a more permanent venue in the next two years, according to Emmert.
  “Wayzata High School is a wonderful starting point,” said Emmert.