The Girl Who Lives Behind the Aura

Deena Kassem and Catherine Lins

Stefani Germanotta, commonly known as Lady Gaga, has been accused of murdering and stealing the staple appearances and style of pop singer Lina Morgana.
  Lady Gaga, known for her outrageous sense of style and pop music, worked with Morgana in 2007. According to Biography.com in 2007, Gaga worked as a songwriter at Interscope Records. Gaga was introduced to Morgana by producer and at the time boyfriend, Rob Fusari. The two later began writing and recording together. According to Forbes.com, the two have twelve unreleased songs together.
  Morgana committed suicide on October 4th, 2008. This was 44 days after Gaga released her debut album, The Fame, through Interscope Records. Morgana’s family has commented about how Gaga allegedly stole Morgana’s music and style. Morgana’s mother, Yana Morgana, told the New York Post, “Every other word she says is from Lina. She talks about having a dark and tragic life, but she had everything she wanted in the world. She went to [the same] high school as Nicky Hilton, her parents were rich. But Lina did have a tough life, and she often talked about how tragic it was.”
  Morgana’s Aunt, Tatyana said, “We, as a family, do not believe that Lina committed suicide.” Morgana committed suicide by jumping off of a hotel in Staten Island. The interesting part comes a year later when in Gaga’s famous “Paparazzi” music video, Gaga is pushed off of a balcony. In Gaga’s 2009 MTV Video Music Awards performance of the song, she acts out her suicide at the end.
  Even Gaga’s lyrics are suspicious. In her song “Aura” she sings, “I killed my former and left her in the trunk on Highway 10, put the knife under the hood. If you find it, send it straight to Hollywood.”
  Fans of Morgana and Gaga have created numerous blogs and posts on Twitter dedicated to proving that Gaga was involved in the death of Morgana. Many go deep into investigating music videos, lyrics, and photoshoots to find parallels between the artist’s styles as well as the differences in Gaga’s sense of fashion after she had met Morgana.
  In a court case involving Gaga and Fusari, Gaga begged the judge to seal information that had been made public during the lawsuit. According to TMZ, Gaga said that the information “would seriously damage her career.” The judge agreed to conceal details as it was reported to contain “sensitive, private, and personal’ information.” In addition to the lawsuit, Fusari helped to write Gaga’s song “Paparazzi”, proving that he was in on the creation of the piece. Not only was he Gaga’s lover, but he was the brains behind many of her productions, which hints at the idea that he would know some of Gaga’s darkest secrets.

208 total views, 0 views today