“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2”

Connor Tyszka

James Gunn returns as the director for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it picks up shortly after the end of the first movie. Groot (Vin Diesel) is still a young tree. The rest of the team is now battling against an enemy for the Sovereigns. They will be paid for their services with Gamora’s (Zoe Saldana) evil sister, Nebula (Karen Gillan). Drax (Dave Bautista) and his funny observations of the obvious is also back. Things go well until Rocket (Bradley Cooper) steals valuable batteries from the Sovereigns. This begins another battle, as the Sovereigns vow for revenge.
  Vol. 2 focuses a lot on family – the family we are born into and the ones we make with close friends. Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, (Chris Pratt) finally meets his father, Ego (Kurt Russell). Family angst plays out between Gamora and Nebula. Each of the Guardians are forced to consider what they mean to each other, becoming more than a ragtag group of people thrown together to fight a common enemy. They are becoming a family.
  With the Sovereigns looking for the Guardians, they enlist the help of Yondu (Michael Rooker) to find them. He is having his own troubles with his crew and a mutiny takes place. Be ready for plenty of action sequences, all well done.
  There is a lot to like about Vol. 2. The costumes and production design is outstanding! The visuals by themselves, are interesting. Additionally, the soundtrack does not disappoint. The music really adds to the movie. They are feel-good throwback tunes. Be sure to stick around for the after credit scenes, it’s hard to choose the best one!
8/10

658 total views, 3 views today