Ellie and Jack Olmanson

Ellie Olmanson and Jack Olmanson at Wayzata prom 2016. Photo by Ellie Olmanson.

Maggie Reese, Staff Writer

Seniors Ellie and Jack Olmanson will both be attending the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana in the fall.
  “It didn’t really factor into my decision on whether or not Jack and I would go to the same school,” said Ellie. “Any campus would have been big enough where we wouldn’t have to see each other if we didn’t want to, but still able to drop by every here and there.”
  “I’m excited. If I ever need help I know there will be someone close by to help me,” said Jack.
  Falling in love with the college was a surprise for both. “I don’t think Jack or I really expected to fall for Notre Dame, but with its campus, traditions, and community, I knew it was where I wanted to go, and I’m sure Jack felt the same,” said Ellie. ““It is odd that both of us would decide on the same, private, catholic school. Our parents didn’t go there, but we do currently have a brother who will be a senior at Notre Dame next year.”
  Uniqueness was a factor in their decision to attend the college. “The community is like no other college I visited,” said Jack.
  Although the two will be attending the same college, they said they are each focused on different career paths. Jack will be working with math and engineering, whereas Ellie will be studying economics and pre-health.
  The two will be close, but will have separate experiences. “Notre Dame is kind of like Hogwarts, where all of us freshmen are randomly assigned into different houses,” said Ellie. “These houses do a ton of activities together, like intramurals, formals, and traditions.”
  “The dorm communities we’ll be living in will be the closest we get,” said Jack.
  Both expect to carry their academic drive and work ethic into their college education. “I’m looking forward to being a part of a community of people who will push me to continuously put my best effort forward and motivate me to motivate others,” said Ellie.
  The twins said they are excited to continue into the next chapter of their lives. “I’m looking forward to meeting new people from all over the country and world,” said Jack.
  “For me, I’m excited to be able to bug Jack for the next four years. I know he won’t admit it, but I think he would’ve missed it too,” said Ellie.

697 total views, 2 views today